Bunnings will happily assist customers who wish to return or exchange goods purchased from any of our stores across New Zealand or online. Our returns policy is in addition to your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act (NZ) or Australian Consumer Law.
When returning products in stores, all products for return or exchange must be identified to the door greeter or gate keeper upon entry into the store and you'll be directed to our dedicated in-store 'Returns and Exchanges Desk' where Bunnings Team Members will provide you with assistance.
Change of mind returns/exchanges
We are pleased to offer change of mind returns or exchanges.
With a receipt or tax invoice:
- We can provide a refund
- All returned goods must be unused, in original packaging and in saleable condition
- Receipts and tax invoices must be valid and intact
All refunds will be provided back in the original tender. Cheques will be refunded as cash and credit card refunds must be processed back onto a credit card.
Note: A credit card must be present to receive a refund.
Without a receipt
We will record your proof of identification (eg drivers' licence) when processing change of mind returns without a receipt. Without this, we may not be able to accept your return.
- We can provide an exchange voucher or an exchange for 'like' goods
- All goods for exchange must be unused, in original packaging and in saleable condition
- Exchange vouchers are valid from time of issue and are redeemable at any store. These vouchers are not redeemable for cash or Gift Cards.
Trade account returns/exchanges
If you're an account customer and presenting goods for return or exchange, a copy of the original invoice must be presented in-store along with the goods to arrange an account credit.
Commercial quantities are not generally available for change of mind returns or exchanges.
Online purchases can be returned either in-store with the tax invoice or by contacting our Customer Support team at email@example.com.
Unfortunately we cannot offer a change of mind refund or exchange on the following items:
- Custom-made products
- Any product/s specifically cut to size at your request
- Toilet seats, if packaging has been opened (for health reasons)
- Tinted paint
These products can still be returned if they are faulty, not fit for purpose or do not match the sample or description.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You're entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure, and to compensation for other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You're also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality but the failure does not amount to a major failure.
We will accept product returns and provide you with a replacement, refund or repair where:
- The product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality; or
- The product is not fit for its intended purpose; or
- The product does not match its sample or description.
We recommend you retain your receipt, as we may require proof that you purchased the product from us. Our Team Members will be able to advise you whether a refund, exchange, repair or replacement is available.
Perfect plant promise
All our plants (except seedlings) are guaranteed for 12 months. If you’re not 100% happy, return your plant (with receipt or tax invoice) and we’ll refund it.
Find out more about product recalls.