Bunnings will happily assist customers who wish to return or exchange goods purchased from any of our stores across New Zealand.
When returning products in stores, all products for return or exchange must be identified to the people greeter or gate keeper upon entry into the store and you'll be directed to our dedicated in-store 'Returns and Exchanges' Desk where Bunnings Team Members will provide you with assistance.
Return/exchange of non-faulty goods
We are pleased to offer returns or exchanges on non-faulty goods
With a receipt or tax invoice
- We can provide a refund
- All returned goods must be unused, in original packaging and in saleable condition
- Receipts and tax invoices must be valid and intact
All refunds will be provided back in the original tender. Cheques and debit cards will be refunded as cash and credit card refunds must be processed back onto the original credit card
Note: The original credit card must be present to gain a refund.
Without a receipt
We will record your proof of identification (e.g. drivers' licence) when returning non-faulty products without a receipt. Without this, we may not be able to accept your return.
- We can provide an exchange voucher or an exchange for 'like' goods
- All goods for exchange must be unused, in original packaging and in saleable condition
- Exchange vouchers are valid from time of issue and are redeemable at any store. These vouchers are not redeemable for cash or Gift Cards.
Trade account returns/exchanges
If you're an account customer and presenting goods for return or exchange, a copy of the original invoice must be presented in-store along with the goods to arrange an Account Credit. Commercial quantities are not generally returnable.
Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund or exchange on the following items:
- Custom made products
- Any product/s specifically cut to size at your request
- Toilet Seats, if packaging has been opened (for health reasons)
- Tinted Paint (if you change your mind on the colour)
Return/exchange of faulty goods
Faulty or damaged goods under warranties:
If the goods are being returned because they fail to comply with legal or manufacturers warranties, our Team Members will be able to advise you in regard to availability of a refund, exchange, repair agents or replacement of like product, in accordance with your rights as a customer under the Consumer Guarantees Act and the Fair Trading Act.
Perfect plant promise
All our plants (except seedlings) are guaranteed for 12 months. If you're not 100% happy, return your plant (with receipt or tax invoice) and we'll refund it.
Click here for more information on product recalls