- Low rates of shrinkage, warping or checking are a particularly important characteristic of redwood
- Natural resistance to decay and insect attack.
- Stability of wood exposed to the weather is one of the reasons it is so popular for garden sleepers.
- Natural durability means redwood can be used outdoors. No toxic chemicals is another reason redwood is so popular.
- Redwood heartwood is a warm red colour which matures to reddish nut brown. The sapwood is pale yellow which matures to light greyish brown with exposure to sunlight.
This Redwood Sleeper has a lovely rich red colour that makes it extremely sought after for interior and decorative uses. Its deep red, in contrast with its blonde sap woods, make it a stunning sleeper and a great feature for a garden.