- Straight Flutes suitable for through hole tapping up to 1-1/2 x diameter
- Intermediate lead: used after a taper lead tap and are suitable for through holes or blind holes where the thread does not need to go right to the bottom of the hole
- Square shank for use with a suitable tap wrench to drive the tap
- Made from tungsten chrome alloy
- Bright finish for general purpose applications, non-ferrous metals & plastics
Sutton Tools Carbon Hand Taps are ideal for routine maintenance, repair work and for rethreading where high accuracy and tolerance thread is not critical.
Straight flutes are designed for tapping into materials where chips break-up readily and present no disposal problems, particularly in through-hole tapping. Straight flute taps are only suitable for hand operations, tapping up to 1-1/2 x diameter.