- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System Design Allows Operation Flush Against a Wall
- Increased capacity for up to 203mm (8") crown moulding (vertically nested), 171 mm baseboard (vertical), and 382 mm crosscuts at 90°
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Large turn base supports workpiece securely for increased stability
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
The Makita 12” Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Mitre Saw with Laser combines capacity, accuracy and efficient dust extraction in a more compact size, with a unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System that offers a reduced footprint for operation flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity of baseboard and crown moulding. It will also make 15” crosscuts at 90 degrees. The saw mitre0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right).
The saw is powered by a direct drive motor with soft start, a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. The electric brake provides added convenience. In addition, the electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smoother, higher-quality cutting.
Additional features include a see-through blade guard system for greater visibility of the blade and line-of-cut. The built-in laser indicates the line-of-cut whether the blade is turning or not, and offers micro-adjustments for precise “left-of-blade” or “right-of-blade” cutting. It has dual dust collection ports for improved dust collection capability for use with a bag (included) or vacuum (sold separately). It also has a large-sized aluminium base that improves the stability of cutting stock for more efficient cutting.