1. This is a competition designed to provide community rugby clubs across New Zealand with the opportunity to access D.I.Y products and materials to improve or upgrade their rugby clubrooms or facilities (Competition).
2. Clubs could win a prize, valued at either NZ$30,000 or NZ$10,000 of Bunnings Warehouse products and materials to be used for improving or upgrading a club’s facilities. Examples of facilities that winners may use a Prize on might include renovating, updating, installing, or improving changerooms, bathrooms and training facilities
3. Information on how to enter this Competition and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Participation in this Competition or acceptance of any prize is deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
5. This competition commences on Monday, 5 July 2021 at 09:00 NZST and closes Monday, 2 August 2021 at 23:59 NZST (Entry Period).
6. Entry is open to all grassroots community rugby clubs across New Zealand. Entries are limited to one per club and must be submitted by a duly authorised representative of the Club (Eligible Entrant).
7. Employees (and their immediate families) of the New Zealand Rugby Union Incorporated (NZR) and Bunnings Ltd (Bunnings) (together the “Promoters”) and the agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter this competition on behalf of their local club. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse child or stepchild (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent.
8. This is a contest of skill, judged on criteria and merits determined by the Promoters as set out in these Terms and Conditions. All decisions are at the sole discretion of the Promoters and are final. Chance will not play a role in determining the competition winner. This Competition is free to enter.
9. Winners will be selected by a judging panel comprising four senior Bunnings representatives and two senior NZR representatives.
10. Winners of the Competition will be selected based on the following criteria: a) the Eligible Entrant is a New Zealand community rugby club; and. b) the Eligible Entrant has in their Entry Form clearly demonstrated: (i) the club’s need for improved or upgraded facilities; (ii) how the club proposed to undertake the improvements or upgrades including how the club would make use of either NZ $30,000 or NZ $10,000 of Bunnings Warehouse products and materials. (iii) how improving or upgrading their facilities will have a lasting impact or legacy for club members and/or positively impact participation in rugby more generally.
11. There are twenty (20) available prizes (with a total combined prize pool value of NZ$300,000) that will be awarded to twenty (20) winning clubs for the purpose of improving or upgrading their local club facilities as follows: i. the top five (5) entries will each receive a prize valued at NZ$30,000 from Bunnings (consisting of NZ$30,000 worth of Bunnings Warehouse products and materials); and ii. the next fifteen (15) best entries will each receive prize valued at NZ$10,000 from Bunnings (consisting of NZ$10,000 worth of Bunnings Warehouse products and materials), (each a Prize). The prizes will be awarded in the form of Bunnings Warehouse products and materials, the prize cannot be converted into cash, is non-transferable, and non-exchangeable. Winners acknowledge and agree that the prize is only to be used for the purpose of improving or upgrading their club facilities as set out in the Entry Form or as otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoters.
12. Winners of the competition may be required to attend an official prize presentation and agree to any promotional personnel covering the Competition to photograph, interview and report on the Competition. In addition, the Winners will be required to participate in any print, TV or social media activity surrounding the competition, which may include progress updates on the use of the prize and resulting club improvements or upgrades. Eligible Entrants will be asked to provide their consent to participate in these activities as part of the Competition entry process. If you do not provide your consent, you will not be eligible to enter the Competition.
13. To enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period: a) Go to the Competition website: bunnings.nzrugby.co.nz to access the Competition entry form (Entry Form); b) Complete all required fields in the Entry Form, including, full name, position/title within the club, club details, location, phone and email address. c) Provide the following information: a. explain in 400 words or less why the club requires the Prize to improve or upgrade its club facilities; b. within your entry of 400 words or less please include an overview of the planned project, including an overview of products and materials required from Bunnings and key timings (incl. target completion date); and c. A video or photos demonstrating the need for the upgrades (maximum of 300MB) d) Tick the box where indicated to confirm you are a duly authorised representative of the club; e) Tick the box where indicated to confirm that you have read and agree to these Terms and Conditions and that you agree to participate in media relations activities in the event that you are successful in winning a Prize; and f) Once the Entry Form is fully completed, hit the submit button to submit the Entry Form.
14. Entry Forms are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoters’ competition database and not at the time of completion by the Eligible Entrant.
15. To be eligible to participate in the competition, entrants must be acting on behalf of a grass roots community rugby club. This competition excludes semi-professional and professional sporting clubs such as Provincial Union and Super Rugby clubs.
16. The judging for this Competition will take place at Bunnings National Support Centre, Building 1, Level 3/660 Great South Road, Penrose, Auckland, 1051 on Thursday, 5 August 2021.The prize winners will be notified via email within 2 business days of the selection to organise the claiming of their Prize. The winners’ names will be published on www.provincial.rugby and www.bunnings.co.nz from Friday 13th August 2021.
17. In the event that a winner is unable to be contacted, and all methods of communication are unsuccessful, or a winner does not respond to the Promoters’ initial communications within 2 weeks, a further judgement for any unclaimed Prizes may take place on Monday, 23 August 2021 at the same time and place as the original judgement. Winners, if any, will be notified in writing by email on the day of the selection and the winners’ names will be published at www.provincial.rugby and www.bunnings.co.nz within 5 business days of the selection day. The Prize remains the property of the Promoters until claimed by the Prize winner.
18. The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to refuse any Entry Form (and Eligible Entrants from entering the Competition) which: (a) it reasonably suspects have been submitted using false, incorrect, fraudulent, or misleading information; (b) are incomplete, illegible, or incorrect; (c) contain offensive or defamatory comments; (d) which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights; or (e) otherwise contravene these Terms and Conditions.
19. If this promotion is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the Promoters reserve the right, in their sole discretion to modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
20. Failure by the Promoters to enforce any of its rights set out in these Terms and Conditions at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
21. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes, or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (Non-Excludable Guarantees). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including their respective officers, employees, and agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or death; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition or accepting or using the Prize.
22. Winners are solely responsible for ensuring that they have obtained all applicable legal and regulatory approvals (including local Council and landowner consents/approvals (if applicable)) prior to using the Prize to carry out any works associated with improving or upgrading the relevant club’s facilities.
23. A winner's use of the Prize is entirely at their own risk. Before a Prize is awarded, a winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoters from, and indemnifying the Promoters against, any liability arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of the Prize and the winner’s participation in the Competition.
24. The Promoters reserve the right, at any time, to request verification of any information relevant to an Eligible Entrants participation in the Competition and/or the Winner’s use of the Prize.
25. Eligible Entrants consent to the Promoters using the Eligible Entrant’s name, competition response, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including any outcome) or the relationship between NZR and Bunnings. The Eligible Entrant can withdraw this consent at any time by notifying the Promoters in writing.
26. If the Promoters become aware that a winner of the Competition has not complied with these Terms and Conditions, that winner may be required, at the direction of the Promoters, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the Prize.
27. The Promoters accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. The Promoters recommend independent financial advice should be sought. Winners should be aware that a condition of accepting the prize will be the completion of various accounting and tax related documentation.
28. Eligible Entrants acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, or any other social media platform whatsoever. Any information provided as part of the Competition is provided to the Promoters and not to the relevant social media platform. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions of any relevant social media platform’s terms and conditions including but not limited to Facebook’s terms and conditions of use and related rules on www.facebook.com. Eligible Entrants completely release any relevant social media platform, including but not limited to Facebook, from any and all liability in connection with this competition.
29. All Entry Forms and other materials submitted to the Promoters in connection with this Competition (in any form including without limitation in hard copy or electronic form) become and remain the property of the Promoters and each Eligible Entrant represents and warrants that it has the right to transfer these materials to the Promoters. The Promoters may use such materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them, including by reproducing, copying, modifying or adapting such materials.
30. The Promoters are required to collect personal information from representatives of the Eligible Entrant for the purposes of conducting the Competition. If the information requested is not provided, the Eligible Entrant may not be able to participate in the Competition.
32. Each Eligible Entrant must ensure that any other person whose details have been provided by the Eligible Entrant to the Promoters for the purposes of the Eligible Entrant’s participation in this Competition has given the Eligible Entrant their express consent for their details to be provided to the Promoters and any of its related companies and to be contacted by the Promoter(s) or any of its related companies in relation to this Competition.
33. The competition is governed exclusively by the laws of New Zealand.
34. The Promoters are New Zealand Rugby Union, New Zealand Rugby House, Level 4, 100 Molesworth Street, Wellington 6011 (Phone: +64 4 499 4995) and Bunnings Limited (NZBN 9429032075120), Central Business Park, Building 1, Level 3/660 Great South Road, Penrose, Auckland 1051 (Phone: +64 9 978 2200).